Applications: Sampling pipe is used to take a sample of fluid which has a RVP under 101 kPa (14.7 psia) and for a viscous fluid, straight from the pipe, filling pipe and pipe distribution.
– A tubing or pipe with a 45º angle
– An elbow or bent pipe
– A closed pipe ends, with a small hole near the lid
Work principle :
– Set the shellfish to sample flow with a linear velocity
– Keep the sampling speed in such a way that as the flow rate of the liquid that comes out of the instrument sampling or approximately one gallon per hour
– For example crude oil or other petroleum products, a sample was taken of 250 ml or more
– Examples of crude oil put in a sealed container. Put in a cool, dry, protected from direct sunlight
– Each sample should be labeled and sent immediately to the laboratory for analysis.
Include procedures and equipment to obtain, mix and treatment of representative examples of the volatile fuel that will be used for testing the nature of volatility. This procedure can be used to fuel the range between 13-105 kPa (2-16 psia).
2 Summary of Methods
The basic principle of each sampling procedures is to obtain a sample with a way and a location in the tank dapaty representative.
3. General Instructions
1. Sample Containers
– Containers can be any sample bottle brown or clear glass, polyethylene bottles or cans of metal.
– All the container used must be absolutely clean, free of impurities and dry particles
– Close can be either cork or screw cap of plastic or metal, cork quality should be good and clean, free of any holes and rontokan cork. Contact between the cork and the sample can be prevented by wrapping using aluminum sheet. The rubber cover should not be used.
– The number of samples depends on the test method used. RVP test is needed bottle capacity 1 liter, while the method of the Mini-VP enough with a capacity of 125 mL bottles.
2. Equipment Sampling Equipment’s take the example described in detail on each of the sampling procedure. Basically, all equipment must be berih and dry.
3. Time and Location Sampling
– Tank stockpiling, sampling when there is the acceptance and delivery.
– Tank ship or barge, sampling each product after the vessel is filled and before the demolition.
– Tank cars, after the sampling of the product loaded or unloaded before.
4. Handling Example – fuel is kept light of the possibility of evaporation.
– Sampling equipment is an example for vapor pressure container, the container is sealed after the sample collected.
– The sample container leaks, it can not be used for testing
– Desirable examples to 0 – 10C (32-34 0 F) after being sent to the laboratory and before the container is opened for testing
– Containers are not filled anatara example 70-85% of capacity for expansion
– Immediate clearly labeled