The term comes from the word microprossesor microprocessor, which roughly means a micro processor or micro processor. In fisisk can mean a chip or small pieces which is a blend of a complex electronic circuit that is designed to work on complex jobs.
Microprocessor better known as the CPU or Central Processing Unit is an integrated circuit (IC) as a working unit processing machines perform basic computing functions. Microprocessors typically fabricated in a single chip. Not impossible at this time disaku or in a briefcase or bag your school there is a microprocessor chip. Mobile phone (HP), laptop, tablet or computer palm known as Personal Digital Assistant (PDA) and the like are certainly using microprocessor technology.
Microprocessor can be grouped according to the technology used, according to the number of bits of data, according to the structure or according to ability / characteristics according to the functions of the microprocessor and the microprocessor itself. Based on the number of data bits (Word Size) at this time there have been many kinds of mirkoprosessor, ranging from 1-bit microprocessor, 4bit, 8 bits. 16 bit, 32 bit and 64 bit.
Size Growth Intel Microprocessor
Microprocessor development from year to year, experiencing rapid change, the development of microprocessor based on the year of manufacture are as follows:
1) The first microprocessor by Intel (1971). The world’s first microprocessor was the Intel 4004 is a 4-bit processor, Most Calculator is based on 4-bit microprocessor.
2) 1971: Intel issued a 8-bit microprocessor the Intel 8008.
3) 1973: Intel introduces the 8-bit microprocessor Intel 8080 the first modern (10x faster than 8008), and followed by the Motorola MC6800.
4) 1977: Intel introduces 8085 which is an 8-bit microprocessor Intel last made with the clock frequency and higher speeds.
5) Another company that could compete with the Intel 8085 was Zilog Corporation Z80.
6) 1978: Intel issued a 16-bit microprocessor that is 8086, a year later issued 8088 with the execution speed and memory greater than 8085, and began to use cache memory (queue system that regulates the provision of instruction before running it). Intel 8086/8088 also called CISC (Complex Instruction Set Computer) as the number and complexity of the instructions.
7) 1981: IBM makes PC using a microprocessor 8088 to run applications such as spreadsheets and word processing.
8) 1983: Intel issued a 16-bit 80286 microprocessor, the memory capacity of 16 MB.
9) years. 1986: Intel issued a first 32-bit microprocessor 80386, with memory capacity of 4 GB.
10) 1989: Intel issued a 32-bit 80486 microprocessor, the memory capacity of 4 GB + 8K Cache.
11) 1993: Intel introduces 32-bit microprocessor Pentium I, Th. 1997 Pentium II, then successively Pentium III and Pentium 4 at Th. 2000, which came into use Rambus memory technology replaces SDRAM technology.