Waterwheel installed in accordance with the needs of at least the first month of maintenance. In the second month of maintenance, total mill must have been installed in accordance with the production target based on data from the last SR. A pond does not require a windmill until shrimp biomass production reached 500 kg / ha with normal growth. Windmills can not be installed on the biomass of 700 kg / ha with slow growth.
For growth to remain normal, windmill installed after a biomass of> 500 kg / ha with the calculation that 1 mill 1.5 HP could support life of 250 kg – 300 kg of shrimp when the pond bottom is old or can not be cleaned. One pinwheel can support up to 400 kg when the life of the base can be cleaned.
Windmill needs of saturation of oxygen in the water.
Based on the content of dissolved oxygen, windmills in the pond turned on only half the total in the three months up to four if the saturation level of 100% saturated. Windmills must be entirely turned on when the saturation level of only 50%. The saturation level is calculated by matching the measured dissolved oxygen (DO), salinity, temperature with saturation table. Figures measurable
divided in tables and figures should be multiplied 100% = saturation levels in the water at the time (%).
Directions waterwheel must be installed in accordance with:
1. Directions precipitation between each wheel within 12-15 m
2. Directions disposal of sludge (sluice) should be greater than 15 m
3. Criteria for the correct installation of windmills
4. No precipitation of fine mud on the pond bottom is more than 10 cm
5. Redox ground potential is not reached – 250 mV 70% of the pond at the base, has a minimum DO more than 4 ppm
The use of a blower as a supplier of dissolved oxygen.
Today has provided various types of blowers which can be used as supplier of oxygen in the pond with oxygen solubility results are more efficient per unit of energy needed as the driving engine. Blower for aeration purposes ditambak available in three common forms:
1. Rotary Blower / Rootblower, a blower with a strong force to the pond / basin with a depth> 1 m and for pumping over long distances as well as the point that a lot. In general, this type is used in the hatchery or in the drinking water treatment unit but excellent for use in pond
2. Vortex Blower, this tool will generate a fast lap principled wind volume that much, just kelemahannnya is a noisy voice and low pressure <60 cm in the air as well as inflatable distance limited
3. TurboJet, a special blower ponds that can be driven by electric motors or direct from diesel propulsion (with the risk of sucking smoke)
Installation blower in ponds usually through the main pipe 2 inches by 1 inch secondary branches and the last pipe size ¾ inch. Aeration holes each within 3 m and between the last pipe is 5 m. Aeration holes are drilled pipe to the drill bit and the smallest sized overlooking the pond bottom. The effectiveness of the blower will be more effective when combined with a waterwheel to arrange prevent sedimentation collected at the midpoint. In Thailand blower mounted on the rear wheel so that air generated sequential driven by windmills.