In one form of power, then there is a charge separately Positive and Negative. A separate charge will be attraction, Style tug of war between the two charges is called electric voltage. Engineering unit volt (V). The power supply voltage depending on the pressure of free electrons caused by the movement of electrons. The power supply voltage occurs when:
- Meeting between pairs of electrons and less dense.
- Among places that have a high electron density and low
- Between a shortage of electrons and excess of electrons
B. Power Lines
Electricity as energy can be generated from the energy of others. Mechanical energy, chemical energy and heat energy can generate electricity. Electricity can flow through a conducting material, but not all materials can conduct electricity. A material having free electrons in it, such as metals, wood can conduct electricity but which do not have a free electron can not stream. Because electricity is a form of energy that is very widely used, it is essential to understand its properties.
Conductor connecting the poles of a power source located inside the electric field. Due to the electric field of free electrons in a conductor moving and there was a flow of electricity. Electrical charges originating from the elements have a fixed direction, ie from pole to pole are high-potential low potential. Being derived from the generator keep him there and nothing has changed. The electrical current direction is still considered the flow of electricity (DC = Direct Current) and that is not fixed is often called an alternating electric current (AC = Alternating Current).
There are two types of electric current:
o Direct current
o alternating current
(A) Electricity flows in the same direction
(B) alternating electric current
Figure 1.2 Direct Current (a) and Alternating Current-Feedback (b)
- What is meant by direct current when electrons move continuously with a fixed direction while the magnitude of change Figure 1.2a. While on alternating current, an electron moving past regularly alternating flow direction forward or backward, in Figure 1.2b forward direction depicted on the side + (above the line 0) and backward direction depicted on the side – (subscript 0). During the electrons move forward voltage will rise and will be in a positive position, in a state of silence, the voltage will show 0 volts and when electrons move backward voltage will drop and will be in a negative position. Usually the direct current in the world of electronics used on radio, TV, computers, calculating machines and others.
- In more complex-and-fro flow in determining some of the prices that it has, for example, the peak price, the price of RMS etc, the details are described below:
- Frequency and Wavelength
- Frequency is the number of periods in one second. PLN has a frequency of 50 Hz, which means that in one second has 50 periods. Frequency has a wavelength of 2.9 images with units (meters).