Such as the general state of things, then baffle baffle have similar shapes that can be solid, liquid, and gas.
a. insulating solid
- Stone Marble / quality is determined by the density and penggosokannya. The more dense and slippery increasingly less water absorption. Karenasifatnya fragile and heavy, it is now less widely used.
- Asbestos is a fibrous material, is not strong, and easily broken. Not a good insulator. Keistimewaannya is can not be burned, so high heat resistance. Widely used in household electrical appliances such as electric irons, electric stoves and other heating appliances.
- Mika technical data: Power electrical insulation and very high mechanical strength and elastic as well. High heat resistance (not up to hundreds of degrees) and good water retention. Very light and clear (transparent). Widely used in household electrical appliances such as electric irons, electric stoves and other heating appliances.
- Mikanit is mica that has got a change in form and composition of the material. Shaped somewhat dense. Usually found on the commutator.
- Mikafolium sort mikanit and as the material used in the top layer of thin paper. Easily bent by heating. Typically used to wrap the coil wire or rod as insulator in high voltage electrical machines.
- Mikalek Used glass and plastic as a base material. Mica powder is a filler. High mechanical strength and is often used in current rectifier metals (mercury), radio equipment and electric power. Mikalek the best mica, so that it can meet the necessary requirements as insulation.
B. Fibrous Materials
- Yarn was not solely used as an insulator, but more inclined to use as a cable filler, especially the ground wire.
- Textile yarn and woven into fabric ribbons with different styles, sizes, and its quality. Textile materials used in the field of electricity as an insulating wire windings of electrical machines, binders, etc. Because it is absorbing liquids, to repair the bulkhead power coated or dipped into the liquid sealing lacquers.
- Paper insulating material with alkali has a high price. Yellow or light brown. Paper strength depends on its water content. To overcome lacquer coated paper insulation. Usually used in wire windings, coil, cable insulation, and condenser paper. Usually has a certain thickness.
- Prespan compared with paper, prespan more dense, so it absorbs less water
- Wood in antiquity are often used to power lines. Wood can be damaged due to biological factors, so durable wood should be preserved first. Wood also must be compressed so that the moisture content can be reduced.
C. Glass and Ceramics
- Glass is a good insulator for electricity, but very fragile. Usually used in the manufacture of incandescent light bulbs.
- Ceramics have high bulkhead. Usually made into porcelain and steatite.
- Steatite part of the switch and the box stab. Usually also manufacture the beads to insulate the connecting wire can bend and is located adjacent to an electric heater. Porcelain is an essential ingredient in insulation because it has a very besar.Untuk substantiality mechanical fabrication of insulating power tools that have to withstand heavy compressive force, excellent porcelain material. The water can not absorb for their email on the surface.
- PLASTIC good properties of plastic materials include: light weight, low thermal conductivity, water resistance, and high insulation power. For use in hotter material, plastic is not good. There are two types of plastic are: thermoplastic. At a temperature of 60 degrees has become soft. Heating to melt does not change the chemical structure. Thermosetting plastic. This material has undergone a process of melting and have been printed and changing the chemical structure that can not be soft again though heated.