Based on the results of soil investigation in the field, the soil structure is described by:
- Types, according to the shape and arrangement ped, consisting of a round, plate, beams and prisms.
- Class is an indicator of the shape of the structure formed ped-ped constituent, produces 7 types of soil structure.
- Level that indicates the degree of development of the structure is divided into
(1) without the structure, if the aggregation invisible or not clear or frosted bounded by natural boundaries,
(2) weak, if ped difficult to form but look,
(3) is, if ped can be formed with good, durable and clear, but it is not clear on undisturbed soil, and
(4) strong, if ped strong, the whole ground is clearly visible and weakly bound antarped but hold apart if moved only when the soil is disturbed.
Soil structure is small clumps of soil as akbiat soil grains sticking to one another. One unit of soil structure called a ped. If the soil structure units were not formed then it is said that the land was not structured.
In this case there are two possibilities, namely, 1) a single point (single grain) which soil grains are not attached to one another, sand soil samples; 2) Ductile or massive ie if the soil grains are attached to each other very strongly so as not forming clots (ped). Penyipatan structure of soil cover three things: the shape, size and level of development.
Based on the shape, the structure of the soil can be divided into:
1. Plate (platy) that form the structure of the soil if the soil structure of the vertical axis is shorter than the horizontal axis.
Picture. 1:24 Soil structure shaped plate (platy)