Valve in general does not use packing, this is because the leak is small. However, because the fluid that flows in the hydraulic system is always followed by some dirt, fibers, rust, etc., then gradually these valve holes will be clogged, scratched or even leaked. If this happens, it will cause the fluid pressure to drop (drop). For that hydraulic fluid must be really paid attention carefully and the way of operation must be careful.
How to repair hydraulic valve can be done in the following way:
- · Disconnect it with the power source, before removing the hydraulic valve component. To prevent short circuit.
- Before dismantling the hydraulic valve component, it is preferable that the control lever be moved all directions so that the residual pressure inside the valve can be liberated.
- • During disassembly it is better to mark the parts which are useful for ease of installation in order not to swap spool valve to other valve body although similar, this is to avoid installation errors and keep the order of disassembling reversed order of installation.
When clamping the valve on the viscosity, it should use an aluminum brass protector (base) to avoid injury to the valve being clamped or it may be wrapped with soft materials.
- · All open valve homes must be sealed or closed when the components are removed and repaired to prevent dirt entry.
- · Wash all valve components with cleaning solution, until the dirt inside the component is completely clean, then dry by spraying pressurized air and then cleaned using a soft, clean cloth.
- · After the valve parts are cleaned and dried then immediately coated with hydraulic anti-rust oil, then reassembled.
- · Check the valve spring spacing by using a valve strain tester (fuller), if the valve is worn and weak should be replaced only.
If the hydraulic pump is absolutely sure there is no problem, then that needs to be considered is the valve, because this valve can reduce the performance of the hydraulic system. The way of maintenance is as follows:
1. Check the pressure setting on the valve, because if it is too low it will cause the fluid coming from the pump through the valve / valve it will be returned to the tank without going to the driving element (Actuator).
2. Clean the valve components using a cleaning agent, because if not cleaned then the valve will contain sediment deposits that can jam the movement of the valve.
3. After all valve components are installed, try checking the valve position, because it may be wrong to install it for example valve steering position was accidentally opened in the neutral position, then the oil will flow back to the tank without any pressure enough to move the element other.
Keep the valve in a safe place (cupboard) to avoid dirt (dust) around.